Monday, March 2, 2015

Reading Review Week

In reviewing my past reading diaries, I think my favorite is the Arabian Nights unit. I did half of this unit for my extra reading diary but then I went back and finished reading it because I enjoyed it so much. I loved the complexity of the layers and layers of storytelling in this unit. The way all the stories connected back to one another made it fun and interesting to read.

(Oil painting of Scheherazade from the Arabian Nights unit)

What I have found in doing my reading diaries is that it works best for me to do the reading diary as I read the unit. After reading each story in the unit I write about what stood out to me and what I liked about it. After I have finished the reading I typically narrow it down to my top 3 stories. These are the stories that I am typically considering to use for my storytelling and I generally have an idea of which story I am leaning towards to use. 


1 comment:

  1. I also read the Arabian Nights Unit and really enjoyed it! It was strange for me to read the original version of Aladdin, though. I have to say I like the Disney version better. That is a beautiful painting you chose of Scheherazade.
    It seems like you have a great strategy for your Reading Diaries. I bet you have very thorough notes at the end of your reading!

    ReplyDelete