Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Reading Diary A: Aesop (Winter)

These stories were taken from Aesop for Children illustrated by Milo Winter.

The Farmer and the Stork: I really like this story because it reminds me of a situation form my own life. My friend and I in high school were looking around a Halloween store in our mall. There were a group of girls near us who were making attempts to steal merchandise. They were caught by the employees and thrown out but then we got thrown out too because they thought we were with them. Even though my friend and I weren't doing anything wrong the outside perception meant that we had to partake in the punishment as well. Lesson learned, always be aware of the people around you.

The Dog, the Cock, and the Fox: I liked this story because it's a reminder of how quickly the tables can turn. We might think we have the upper hand in something but in reality we are the ones who are being tricked.


(Illustration by Milo Winter)

The Two Goats: I think the lesson with this story is a great one. Sometimes we have come to a sticking point on an issue we stubbornly refuse to budge. At some point it's possible that we might be being stubborn just to be stubborn. We've held out for this long and we can't give in now. But this can also lead to a more disastrous result than we expected.  


No comments:

Post a Comment