Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Reading Diary B: Egyptian Myths

These stories are some of my favorites from the second half of the Egyptian myths unit.

The Two Brothers (Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4): I really loved this story in it's entirety and couldn't single out one of the four parts as my favorite. I think this story teaches a great lesson about the consequences of our actions. When we try to avoid the consequences they just seem to keep coming back and catching up with us. Especially when we lie and try to use underhanded methods to avoid them. 


The Tale of King Rhampsinitus: I really liked this story because of the ending. It was somewhat of a surprising ending with the robber getting caught but instead of being punished his talents were acknowledged by the king and he was given a pardon for his crimes. It was just a fun story to read to see how the robber would continuously outwit the guards and even the king's daughter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment