Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Reading Diary A: Egyptian Myths

These stories are some of my favorites from Egyptian myths.

The Secret Name of Ra: This was a story that I was familiar with before reading this unit. It had been a while since I had read it so it was nice to go back and read it again. It's an interesting story to read about the lengths we will go to when we are obsessed with obtaining something.

Osiris: This was a story I was aware of but hadn't actually read. I like this story because it's about rebuilding. Previously we read about a great destruction and in this story it's about building a prosperous and peaceful society. The end of this story is also a build up to the next one and it ends in a way that leaves you wanting to keep reading to find out what is going to happen.

The Death of Osiris: I liked this story because it illustrates the treachery that so often appears in mythology regarding gods and goddesses. This one also shows how things can change drastically when we least expect it. In this case Osiris was celebrating his return and everything was going well and next thing he knows he's locked inside a coffin.



1 comment:

  1. I have noticed that many people that read this unit wrote about the story The Secret Name of Ra. I feel like I am left out because I have not read it. I think that I will have to since so many people felt that it stuck out so much and reading people's summaries of it make it sound really interesting.

    ReplyDelete