Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Reading Diary B: Japanese Fairy Tales (Lang)

These stories are from the Japanese Fairy Tales by Andrew Lang unit.

Schippeitaro: I really enjoyed reading this story because I always like a good story with some trickery and deception. However what really stood out to me in this story was the beginning. The odd sight of the man seeing the cats dancing around and yelling makes me think of some possible story ideas for this week.

The Crab and the Monkey: I really liked this story because its about getting exactly what you deserve. The Monkey acted really terribly toward the crab and in return he got exactly what he deserved. There are several ways this story could be spun for a retelling and I may just use it as my inspiration this week.

The Magic Kettle: This was my favorite story of the unit. It was really fun to read about the trouble the Tanuki caused the men initially as they attempted to figure out what to do with it. However in the end they were able to work it out for the best. This was a very light hearted story that was just plain fun to read.


No comments:

Post a Comment